Saturday, January 22, 2011

Word Play Quilts


Why yes, that is my quilting bookshelves you hear creaking under the weight of yet another awesome book!  WORD PLAY QUILTS by Tonya Ricucci.

As I think everyone is well aware I am not a traditional quilter. I am of the Gwen Marston Liberated camp and was even before I even knew who Gwen was!  Well Tonya is also of this camp and has taken Gwens great idea and given it a voice!

Tonya takes great pains to show you how to make your first foray into the world of liberated lettering totally successful.   I had already played around with this idea and had overcome some of the trickier bits after multiple  trips to the machine and then sessions with the seam ripper but had not taken it much further but after reading this book  I am re inspired to say the least!

  Word Play helps you get past those tricky bits with quite a bit more ease! Not to mention inspirational project ideas and some great examples of what not to do!
 ( Totally as important in my book as what to do right!)

I already have words dancing in my head.... I can't wait to see what becomes of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to hear from you!