Monday, January 10, 2011

It Took 8 inches of Snow....

Well it seems that it takes Mother Nature giving my city a cold snowy blanket to get me back in the blogging saddle!  Soon as I post this I will be racking up my newest quilt  SnowCream and working some  Handi Quilter Avante 18 magic on it!





As to not detract from the focus of this quilt I am going to be using mono filament on the bottom and top of this quilt. This can be a challenge for some quilters but I have had quite good luck using my Avante in this manner when I pay careful attention to how I wind the bobbin. Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to bobbin filling  and monofilament. Keep the stretch to a minimum and  make sure to use your TOWA gauge to set the tension  and you should be good to go!



2 comments:

  1. I am really glad it snowed - I was getting to the point where I was beginning to resent the gnome. The quilt turned out beautiful! Hooray for the snow! Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this quilt. Glad you got the short backing problem! I can't wait to see the finished piece.
    {P.S.} What happened to the URL option for comment input?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to hear from you!