Friday, October 15, 2010

HQ Rules!

Over the next couple of days I am going to be showing off some of the most wonderful HQ longarm rulers that were gifted to us while working with the educators in the HQ studio.  For those who don't know, Longarm rulers are very different from rotary cutting rulers in that they are much thicker so that they don't ride up under the hopping foot and get caught under the needle in normal circumstances.  Please note that if you are a big mouthed blabber fest   distractable it is possible to break a needle while in class and take a small chip out of your ruler, so eyes on the prize folks.. not time to get chatty when  you are doing ruler work!

Featured above are the some of the newest and coolest of the Handi Quilter rulers that I am going to be playing with tomorrow. I feel so special being one of the first to play with these, my whole group was gob-struck when they gave them to us to try out. Like a said.. what a generous company. 

Tomorrow... CIRCLES!
and
a
SURPRISE!


3 comments:

  1. Sooooo envious! Great to see HQ will have more rulers soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Can't wait to hear about all the fun you are going to have with those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me...it has nothing to do with blabbing! I took a chunk out of one of my rulers recently. It was a total mess - broke the needle, and I was so shocked at what happened I couldn't stop the machine for about 1.5" (imagine what a blunt hacked off needle does to fabric -ouch!). I have been busy making lotsa cross-hatches on a border today with my ruler :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to hear from you!