Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Load her up!


Ohhh it feels like an age since I have been able to dance with Sir Lancelot! But last night I loaded up an adorable customer quilt that I am really looking forward to doing. It is the hap-hap-happiest of little quilts and it makes me smile just looking at it. Not to mention how soft it is!  I think this is a Moda flannel but for the life I me I don't remember which line. All hearts and flowers.. very girly and adorable.

The client has requested hearts and flowers quilting and I am happy to do that. Such a happy quilt does not need or even call for serious quilting.. it needs something that goes right along with the happy theme. As always my hope is that the quilting helps tell the story of the quilt and makes it even more than what it is as a pieced top.

The bright and cheery color choices in this top mean that the thread is not going to be a huge consequence since in no way would you want to compete. Often I might turn to a neutral like Lavender..but in this case I have a spool of rainbows in a variegated shading that blends very well so I am going to go with that on the front and back.  This is going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Maddie! I can't wait to see what you do on my Maddie's quilt! My Maddie is 2.5 yrs old and weighs less than 30lbs. This quilt is WAY bigger than she is, but it's so soft and girly. I can't wait for her to have it.

    The flannel is Moda's Heart to Heart line. I bought the jelly roll when I was pregnant with her. I couldn't believe how soft it was. Here's a link to a picture of it: http://jellyrolls2go.com/heart-to-heart.html

    The back and binding will be done in the small aqua floral print because that is the only yardage I could find! The pattern is from the Fat Quarterly quilt along. I will be sharing pictures with their flickr group and on Twitter when you're finished. :)

    Have fun dancing and thanks for sharing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are beautiful - I am sure the quilt will entice Lady Spring to come back to us. Good luck with the quilting. Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to hear from you!